Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dang.


Why am I always the last to hear about these sort of things?
I mean, you'd think The Rapture would make bigger headlines. But then again, we have been watching a lot of Andy Griffith on Netflix, so I guess I sorta missed the memo.
I say again,
Dang.
There's so much I wanted to get done before Saturday.
Like vacuuming out the car and eating better. Maybe going to the gym.
Maybe not. I hate working out.
And I should have been using our good dishes.
I mean, I should have bought good dishes, and then used them.And what in the world have I been saving my expensive shampoo for?
Oh well.
Must not concentrate on the what if's...
What I should do is take advantage of Sonic Happy Hour tomorrow and possibly Saturday, depending on what time this all is supposed to go down. Does anyone know?
I want to savor the Cherry Limeade like its going out of style.Because as awesome as Heaven is, I'm pretty sure they don't have Sonic ice.

Also, does anyone want a baby turtle? If we all go away, the poor thing is going to be Up.A.Creek. Maybe we should just let him go. On the other hand, if IT doesn't happen, I'm gonna feel like the world's worst parent come Sunday morning. Oh what a quandary!

Of course there would be some benefits to being raptured.
(Like not dying, for one.)
No more Michael Bolton elevator Musack, pumping my own gas, or waiting in line for the bathroom.
And no more mustaches...
yuck.

I wonder if I can eat a whole roll of Pillsbury cookie dough before then?

And I should probably clean up my house in case any unbelieving squatters need a place to stay after we're gone. I want to leave a good impression, you know.

So much to do!

Oh, well, if it doesn't all get done, it doesn't get done.
It's not the end of the world.

Or maybe it is MWAHAHA...

In all seriousness, in case you don't know, Jesus really could come back Saturday.
Of course, He could come back tonight or in August, or in 3000 years.

"No one knows about the day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come. It's like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with his assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch. Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back-whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn." Mark 13:35

No one has special insight into this sort of thing.
I mean, if God hasn't even told Jesus, His own son, about it, why would he tell any one of us?
But you gotta give those people some credit- they are nothing if not persistent.
And one of these days, bless their little hearts, one of them might just finally get it right!


*No offense if you have a mustache. Jesus loves you and so do I , but come on...

1 comment: