Monday, March 14, 2011

This is the Day that the Lord Has Made...

"This is the day that the Lord has made;
I will rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 118:24

Ethan has been singing that verse for days. But he sings it wrong. He says,

"This is the day that the Lord has made,
I will rejoice and be glad it is."

I should probably correct him, you know-for memorization sake. But I think I like that version better. Is that wrong?

I will rejoice and be glad it is. I will be glad it is.

My Uncle passed away this morning.

There are days I feel I can't rejoice in what has come. But I can rejoice that it is still the Lord's day, that He has made it, and He is in it. I can be glad that He knew what this day would bring, that it didn't surprise Him.
And I will be glad that the Lord is a God who saves from eternal death, and separation from Him.

1 comment:

  1. First of all...I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle passing.

    Secondly...Paige has been singing that song all day! And singing it like wrong like Ethan! lol.

    ReplyDelete