Monday, April 19, 2010

Field Trip: Fire Station

We went to the Fire Station in Lee's Summit last week and it was really fun! I think I learned just as much, if not more than, the kids. The man who gave us the tour was awesome and spoke to the kids with respect and showed them everything there was to know- nothing was off limits because of their young age. I wish I would have got his name.
Charlotte was scared by the bay doors closing so he didn't turn on the sirens just for her. Just the lights, and Ethan got to turn them off which was totally the highlight for him. On the way home, I heard him laugh to himself. When I asked him what was so funny, he said," I was thinking about at the fire station I kept smiling and smiling and I couldn't stop!" I asked why and he said, "Because I was sooo happy!"

Here are some pictures in no particular order...














No comments:

Post a Comment