Friday, April 2, 2010

E is for Easter

E is for Easter


Ethan's Bible Verse:
"Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord." Luke 19:38


M&M Math

This was a lot of fun for both of us. We had a small bag of m&ms, and this was just a quick spur of the moment thing because Charlotte was asleep and Ethan wanted to do some school. I asked him to name the colors, then pick one group and count them. He counted all the way to 19 with the red, although there were only 13. I didn't know he could count that high. Then I marked on the graph where the correct number was after he counted, and he colored in the section. I was going to make a pie graph, but he colored in the circle before I had a chance. Then of course, he ate the m&ms, which was probably the best part for him. He was very proud of his graph when he showed it to Jeremiah and my mom.


"Stained Glass" Marker-By-Number

I asked Ethan to match the number to the color and color in the shapes. He did every one correctly except the yellow- he said he didn't like the way it turned green when he colored over the black.
He even said, "This way I can learn what my letters are!"
And I thought I was being clever...

(Ethan's)
Lamb Pictures
They had both been begging me to use the cotton balls, so this was a fun activity to correlate with the Verse of the Week.
(Charlotte's)

Other Things We Did:

Played outside
Had a picnic
Found some worms and talked about how we could see their insides through their skin.
Made a solar system mobile from a kit I picked up in Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment