Friday, March 26, 2010

D is for David and Daniel

* Since this was a short week for us, as I was getting ready to go to Colorado, we didn't do a whole lot of school. We did play outside a lot- even in the rain which was really fun. Here is fun link that my sister sent me about outside playtime for kids.
Ethan's Memory Verse for the Week:
"Wait for the Lord. Be strong and take heart, and wait for the Lord."
Psalm 27:14
We read the story of David and Goliath and I asked him to circle what David used against Goliath. When he circled everything, I asked why and he repeated the part about how David tried on all the armor and weapons but they were too big and heavy.
I was happy to hear that he was actually listening and entertained enough by the story to retain that info, so really, he was right in circling everything.
(Charlotte surprised me this week by telling me she knew her Bible verse too- and then actually saying it. I guess I underestimated how much she could pick up through repetition.)
Ethan liked putting the coat of armor, the spear, and the helmet on Goliath. And of course, gluing one of the "stones" to Goliath's forehead.
*Jeremiah pointed out later that a sling and a slingshot are two very different things. :)
Lions made from this activity
Other things we did:
Had 2 picnics.
Collected worms to go fishing with.
We watched March of the Penguins and I made a game for Ethan kind of like Treasure Hop, but with Penguins and icebergs. The cards have numbers or dots to count. A couple have "Go back/forward 2 spaces" and some land you in the "Danger Zone" where the shark stickers are.
Here Ethan is gloating that he's almost winning.
**This should have been C week, but since it was wet and snowy out, I decided to postpone learning about colors until we could go outside, since a lot of the activities are messy and will be better suited to the outdoors.And because I'm the teacher and I can do what I want. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment