Thursday, May 17, 2012

St. Louis, Part Deux

On Sunday morning we went to the zoo. I love the zoo there. It is packed with animals and things to do, not like in KC where walking to Africa feels like, well, walking to Africa.


Some creatures I just don't get. Anteaters being one of them.

We were able to get up close and personal with the hippos, which are usually one of my favorite zoo animals. Unfortunately, they were all backwards. Caden thought they were giant turtles.
Elephant. But you knew that.
We went into the insect exhibit. They had a big glass box with all kinds of cocoons, at all stages of hatching.
Does anyone else want to put a hook in these and stick them in their ears? They were incredible.

Another amazing animal. The colors were just unbelieveable.
Gorilla I think? I never know the difference. Notice the smaller, less hairy monkey in the corner also having a snack.
The penguins were very cool...haha.

Great day at the zoo! We had to cut it a little short this time since our train was leaving that afternoon. If you've never taken the Amtrack, I highly recommend it. Much better than driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment