Monday, September 27, 2010

Memorial Box Monday- God is a DJ


This is a funny little story that happened last week, only funny because it's a little more personal than I want to be and I have debated sharing it or not sharing but it's a neat little story.
If you don't know what a Memorial Box is, click here to read my first MBM post. It's not my idea, Linny started it and I just think it's a great thing to do, to remind myself of God's faithfulness.

So I was in the car (isn't it weird that most of my MBM stories happen when I am in the car? Thats weird.)

So I was driving and just praying in my head, just talking to God and telling him that lately I have felt kind of like He wasn't around, like I felt alone without Him and that it was hard sometimes not being able to see and talk to Him face to face. I told Him that I know He is always there but I felt far from Him lately.
And then this commercial came on as I was wrapping it up and before the commercial was over this song started playing. Like God couldn't even wait a few more seconds to let me hear it.
He just wanted me to know that He is there all the time.

And in the middle of the song, I heard Him say,
Just trust me.

Never Alone by BarlowGirl

I waited for you today
But you didn't show
No no no
I needed you today
So where did you go?

You told me to call
Said you'd be there
And though I haven't seen you
Are you still there?

I cried out with no reply
And I can't feel you by my side
So I'll hold tight to what I know
You're here, and I'm never alone

And though I cannot see you
And I can't explain why
Such a deep deep reassurance
You've placed in my life

We cannot separate
You're part of me
And though you're invisible
I'll trust the unseen

"And behold, I am with you always, even to the very end of the age."
Matthew 28:21


2 comments:

  1. What a great reminder! It is SO easy to lose hope and feel God is far away (I do that all the time) and yet, you point out, he is ALWAYS with us! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Amanda from snazzlecraft.blogspot.com. I couldn't find an email for you on your blog either! My email address is snazzlecraft@gmail.com. Feel free to contact me anytime.

    ReplyDelete