Wednesday, June 23, 2010

So I have yet to get a new battery for my camera. Thus no new and exciting Wordless Wednesday. Honestly, I feel bad about that.
In an effort to be more um, what's the word...active with the kiddos, I've *tried really hard* to not be on the computer so much today. It's one of those things I really enjoy-being able to sit and relax whilst reading something without pictures that doesn't halve anything to do with:

a. Circus animals
b. Rhyming and/or Counting
c. Talking geese
d. Princesses
e. Lowly Worm

Although I don't mind that stuff most of the time.

So today, with that goal in mind, and really really trying to stick to it, I was able to enjoy my kids a little more.
Here are some of the things we did:

Played some form of Pirates/"Hide and Seek Attack"/Soldiers all day long
Went to the library
Turned off all the lights and closed the curtains and went on a safari hunt for stuffed animals with flashlights
Played Noah's Ark on the rug with said animals and pillows for floaties and made up silly stories about Noah and Mrs. Noah
Skipped naps
Splashed in the puddles barefoot after the rain tonight
Read lots of books
Painted tattoos and clown faces on ourselves
Took a long bubble bath (not me, although that sounds divine)
Snuggled
Played in the giant turtle sandbox my mom brought over, inside (empty)


I love having internet, but sometimes I wish the power would go off so I wouldn't be able to choose who to give my attention to, because as a mom,
I feel really bad sometimes about that.
So after today, I may not be blogging as much, or at least, only doing it at night, because I will be busy (and completely worn out).



2 comments:

  1. Remember the article about the "forest kindergarten"? http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/30/nyregion/30forest.html?_r=1&emc=eta1

    You should take them to that James A. Reed Wildlife Area in Greenwood...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! Almost every time I sit down to nurse madi I sit at the computer. Ten minutes quickly turns into 20, then 30 etc. Wasted moments.

    ReplyDelete