Monday, June 21, 2010

My camera is indisposed at the moment- it just needs a new battery I think ( I hope) so here are some pictures from a few weeks ago and a nice little story from today...

Today as the kids and I were playing in the van (well, I was cleaning, Ethan and Charlotte were pretending to be the mommy and daddy-I had to sit in the back seat, and Caden was crawling around trying to find a snack) I noticed the daddy robin come flitting into the nest in our redbud tree, right by our porch.

This nest has been there for awhile- we noticed it a couple of weeks ago, but we've only ever seen the parents. Well today, we saw babies! 3 little baby robins and the mom and dad all having lunch together in that tiny little nest. I don't know anything about birds, but I think the babies must be pretty new because their eyes weren't open and they weren't making any noise.
The mom and dad both brought them food, and left and those babies sat there with their eyes shut and their mouths wide open just waiting, expecting that food to come.


It reminded me of the story about the Israelites and the manna. Each day, after the dew cleared off the ground, there would be their food, and they could eat as much as they wanted-for that day.

"Each morning everyone gathered as much as he needed, and when the sun grew hot, it melted away."
Exodus 16:21

Like those baby robins, the Israelites just woke up waiting, expecting to be fed by their Father.

I just love it when the Word comes alive.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the video Jessie. It made me realize how thankful I am for my children and grandchildren and thankful to God for helping me raise such wonderful children; it made me think how fortunate I am in having what I need; it made me feel bad to think about what I spend money on; it made me excited at the thought of holding my new granddaughter and it made me thankful to God, you and Jeremiah for giving her to me. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete