Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful...

We are back home at last. This weekend we finally got heat in our house. Jeremiah, my dad, and Caleb worked so very hard for the last week and a half that we have not been living at home. I really, really, REALLY appreciate their dedication and manly know-it-all-ness. And thank you also to my mom and the Brickers (especially Rebekah-sorry you didn't get any sleep that one night), for letting us stay with them. I think the word Blessing doesn't even do you all justice.
With the lack of housekeeping and cooking, and all that other stuff I sporadically do, I had a lot of time to think this last week or so about how wonderful it is to have family that will take in me and my 3 lovely children under 4 for days at a time. The Lord has certainly shown favor on us when it comes to our parents. I really sorta felt homeless, and that is a scary feeling, especially when you have kids, even if it is just temporary. So thank you to mom and Liz and Kevin and Dad and Caleb who housed, fed, comforted, and warmed us. We really appreciate you.
*
To celebrate moving back in, and because we hadn't had a chance to do it yet, yesterday we set up our Christmas decorations. I always loved doing this as a kid, and I think Ethan and Charlotte enoyed it too. And for the record, only one ornament was broken. And it was one I didn't really like anyway.
Tonight, we made Christmas cookies. This is one of my absolute favorite memories of Christmas from when I was growing up.

I don't remember eating as much of the dough as Charlotte did though. Poor Gingerbread men.

Ah, the Christmas Worm. A very popular tradition in... Krzystan you know.

Aunt Becky called in the middle of all this mess, and Charlotte for once was very chatty, telilng here all about the "Kissum tooties, and our kissum tee."

Ethan dancing to Feliz Navidad. Or as he calls it, "Granny Mommy Hop." He and Charlotte both love this song and get so excited when they hear it. Too bad you really can't see his moves in this picture. They were pretty awesome. And the intermittent winking, I don't know what was up with that.

~Merry Christmas!~

1 comment:

  1. So glad you have a new furnace. We are all thankful for so many different things; having such wonderful great grandkids is at the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete