Thursday, January 3, 2013

Remember Me?

So my last post was the middle of November. I am going to try to be better about that. Who knew one little baby added to our family could be such a distraction from blogging? But, in his defense, he is a really cute baby...

Generally I don't do New Years Resolutions. They are good in theory, but in reality, I am lazy and easily distracted ( see above) and sometimes I don't remember that I even made a New Year's Resolution until, like, May, and by then its like why bother?
BUT...
This year I do have some goals and it just happens to be the start of a New Year so hey lets do this!

First up: BREADMAKING

I have wanted to learn how to make bread from scratch for a long time, because even though I can get it pretty cheap at the store, I've come to realize cheap is not always better. And I think its a good skill to have. And I love bread. So if I know how to make it then I can have bread whenever I want. Yippee!

But woman can not live on bread alone! So here is a list of other bread-y things I am determined to learn to make myself this month:

biscuits *
doughnuts oh yeah
poptarts
french bread
challah
cinnamon swirl bread
breadsticks
pizza dough
sandwich bread
graham crackers
pasta
and
muffins

thats a tall order, but with pinterest and a lot of flour, I think I can do it.

I can cross biscuits off my list already because I totally nailed this recipe this week. Best biscuits ever. And dont think you can not use buttermilk and just add some vinegar to regular milk(pinterest fail btw). It wont work trust me, you will end up with ugly biscuits that could double as hockey pucks. Go to the store and get some buttermilk!  You can make the dough and cut out the biscuits and freeze them for later. I did this and there was no difference between those and the ones I cooked right away.



2 comments:

  1. Yum! Thanks for sharing the biscuit recipe, I am going to have to give them a try. And while I've missed your blogging, you do have a pretty cute excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly wait to taste your creations Jessie. You are such a good cook! I am very proud of you. Darling picture of handsome, adorable Judah!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete