I'm a tad bit partial to Ethiopia.
I am also partial to this shirt. I have one. It's my favorite shirt. I would wear it everyday if I could.
Into the Streets of Ethiopia was started by the Portilla family after returning home from adopting their daughter. They saw the need in Ethiopia and decided to do something about it.
From their website:
The aim of Into the Streets of Ethiopia is to raise financial support, basic living materials and educational needs for children living in Ethiopia. Improving the child's living standard and provision for education will help to contribute to their future well being and adjustment in society. It is our desire to partner with charitable organizations which serve underprivileged youth in Ethiopia. All funds will be devoted to the cause of helping street children and at risk children in Ethiopia.
What Happens With Your Donations?
Your donations support:
* Education programs (tuition, books, libraries, learning materials)
* Skills training (crafts and working materials)
* Basic living needs (food, shelter, clothing)
* Religious materials (Bibles, christian education curriculum)
* Recreational activities (sports and special celebrations surrounding holidays)
* Office equipment, training and support for staff in Ethiopia
* Special projects
Is anyone on your list asking for clothes this Christmas?
These shirts are so comfortable. I ordered a size up from what I usually wear, and it fits perfectly.
$30 (free shipping!) provides a child with life-saving food or formula for a month through Into the Streets of Ethiopia's feeding program. In return for your donation, they will send you this shirt. It's that simple. Feed children and get your Christmas shopping done at the same time.
Where else can you find a deal like that?