Monday, September 13, 2010

Memorial Box Monday- The Garage Sale

Thanks to everyone who helped with our garage sale this weekend by bringing donations or baking or helping set up! We had so many people come by.
I am using this post for a Memorial Box Monday post since I haven't done that in awhile.
Memorial Box Monday is Linny's idea, and she tells more about it here.


So this weekend was beautiful! Such great weather! It started sprinkling at exactly 4pm Friday, which was the time we had already decided to close up for that day. We covered everything with tarps and it rained all night long. When I woke up Saturday morning at 6:45am the rain had just stopped. I uncovered everything, dried some clothes, which were the only things that got wet, and soon the sun was peeking through the clouds.
All day Friday and all day Saturday, every time I went inside to put money away so I wouldn't have a huge pocketful, I would thank God for it and pray that God would multiply it just like He did with the fish and loaves of bread:

"How many loaves do you have?" He asked, "Go and see."
When they found out, they said, "Five- and two fish."
Then Jesus directed them to have all the people sit down in groups on the green grass. So they sat down in groups of hundreds and fifties. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to his disciples to set before the people. He also divided the two fish among them all. They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces of bread and fish. The number of the men who had eaten was five thousand."

On Saturday evening after we had closed up, I counted it- $440.
Which was pretty cool.
Then I added what I made from selling some dolls- $45.
But when I took it all to the bank, I deposited
...
...
...
$720

How did that happen?

I don't know.

Well, I do know.

Thank you everyone who was praying for us during Linny's Crazy Prayer Challenge. He is working and its so encouraging to see others who we don't even know praying for us right alongside our friends and family.
So I will put the bank statement from today in the Memorial Box as a reminder that God does indeed work in mysterious ways.

1 comment:

  1. Stopping over from MBM: How great God multiplied your garage sale earnings like that! Amazing....

    ReplyDelete