Saturday, August 14, 2010

Well...

God is so good, even still!
"All this also comes from the Lord Almighty, wonderful in counsel and magnificent in wisdom."
Isaiah 28:29
Yes, Garage Sale #2 didn't quite work out the way I'd hoped. Lots of factors contributed I think to its unsuccess, but God could have conquered them all. It was always in His hands. Funny enough, my prayer lately has been, "Lord let me still praise you when things don't go smoothly, when everything doesn't go quickly and easily."
So our Grand Total for this one:
$174
come on, laugh with me...

Anyway, we can praise Him for what He has brought us, and it will all go into our adoption account nonetheless. Thank you Jesus!


On a happier note, we met our Family Coordinator yesterday (over the phone) and she was very nice. She sent us an email with 17 (!) atachments that we will need to print out, either to keep for our records, or sign and mail back. The deadline is August 27th- Jeremiah's birthday. I have a feeling that kind of thing will happen alot with this.


I am so excited that we are starting this phase, because this is the most important part and then after its done( it will take approx. 4-6 months) then we can get on the waiting list to be matched with a baby girl, or possibly be matched with a waiting child, if we decide to go that route. I'm also excited to see how the Lord is going to move the mountains of money that stand between us and our little girl now. We are going to need about $19,000-$25,000. That seems like alot but honestly, I am not worried at all. He has never left us, and He won't leave us now. He knows our baby's name and every sweet little thing about her.

We have another really fun fundraiser in the works- a Kickball Tournament for sometime in October probably. I will let you all know the details as soon as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment