Monday, June 14, 2010

Provision

Do you think Pneumonia can be an answer to prayer?


I've been really praying lately, I mean really asking God to show us how He provides for us, and to help us to trust in Him that He will provide for us during this adoption. I know He will- doubt is not the problem- it's just... this whole thing is going to have to be all Him. Because there are things that we need right now ( like a van), and it's not like we had been saving for this adoption.

I wonder sometimes what Noah's gut reaction was when he first heard about the ark. Like that very first thought when you hear something just a little crazy.

"Uh...Hmm. So... right here? And like, right now?"

If he was anything like me, I can see him glancing out of the corner of his eye- Sand.
And out the other corner- More Sand.
From what I've been told, and how I understand that particular chapter, there had never been rain. Ever. Like since the beginning of time, ever.
That's a lot of faith to go on right there.

Did he doubt just a little?
If he did, maybe alone in his tent that night,did God whisper to him,
"Don't worry, I love you. You might look silly to all of them, but not to me. I know the plans I have for you. You build this for me, and I will show you- I will bring the rains to you."?

I was looking through a box of food the Henrys' brought over tonight. And then I thought about the dinner the Davis' brought, and the one from Nana and Papa, and my mom. And even the brownies from Drew(don't think we haven't eaten half of them already) and it dawned on me:

When I was sick and could barely stand without being in pain,
God was there, orchestrating this great web of provision to show me that He is in control. Jeremiah was off work this week, helping to build the new church in town, he was able to come home and take care of the kids so I could sleep. The workers were fed at another church one night, and Jeremiah ate there and at his parents' house another night, and with everyone bringing meals, he and the kids never missed dinner while I was sick, and Liz and Abigail watched the kids for me during the day, and my mom did at night.

Maybe you think these are coincidences or that I am just still feeling the effects of my Codeine- laced cough syrup, but really, when I look at it, we were taken care of.

*
Isaiah 58:11
The Lord will guide you always, he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.
*
I think maybe God used this last week, which, at first, I thought was just a waste, to show me that He is the Lord of Lords, the One who holds the world in His hands, and cares about little old me just as much. He is in control- whether it be global catastrophes, viral infections, or adoptions. He is the Great Provider of it all.
So, I guess I shouldn't worry about the van, or the money. Maybe I still will a little, I don't know. But I think that it is just money. And what is money to the One who breathed the stars? He can do whatever it takes to bring that little girl home, because this was His plan since before he made the ocean that separates us. I'm excited to see what He will do.


2 comments:

  1. God is good and even through difficulty brings blessings. Something I learned when we lost our baby. He who called you to these circumstances will give you the grace to endure and the resources to see it through. Thanks for your insight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another family that is adoptng from ethiopia. http://www.apennysavedblog.com/
    just thought I would share!

    ReplyDelete