Sunday, April 25, 2010




I'm so glad I put up the visitor map- I had no idea there were so many people all over the world coming by! I'm glad you are all here, and even if you are from right here in our neck of the woods- we are glad you are here too! Please leave me a comment and tell me where you are from and how you found us- I would love to hear what you think of our little blog.

So by way of introduction, or entertainment, depending on who your are, here 50 things you may not know about me:

1.I am short.
2.When salespeople call the house and I answer, they usually ask if my mom is home.
3.I like to draw and paint, but I don't like to paint over what I have drawn.
4. I like rap music. I feel cool when I listen to it.
5. Sometimes I turn up the bass in the car when I hear it.
6. I just got my ears pierced on Valentine's Day, because my husband wanted me to.
7. I wish I had really tried harder when I was taking piano lessons.
8. When I was growing up I wanted to be an artist, write kid's books, and work for Life Magazine.
9. I have a biblical worldview. Some might say I am old-fashioned.
10. When I was in 7th grade I was so self conscious about my arms that I wore long sleeve shirts the entire year.For some reason I thought they looked like boy arms. Our room had no windows and it was very hot.
11.I love looking under rocks for bugs as much as my four year old.
12. In our kitchen we have kept worms, slugs, and baby centipedes.
13. I have read Pride and Prejudice 5 times. It's my favorite book.
14. My 2nd favorite is Shepherd of the Hills and I've read it 3 times.
15. I love thunderstorms and I love the excitement of severe weather.
16. My favorite ice cream is Mint Chocolate Chip. It's Ethan's favorite too.
17. I used to have braces, and glasses, and a sideways ponytail.
18. I can pick up dead amphibians in the yard, have a baby, and clean up vomit without flinching, but if I cut my finger on a tin can lid, I get light-headed and can't see straight.
19.I think about God all the time.
20.I was baptized on November 14, 2004 but I don't remember what day I was saved.
21.I do remember I was saved in my car, on the way home from college.
22.I took my Conceal and Carry Certification class when I was 8 months pregnant.
23. My favorite actor is Clive Owen, solely because of his accent.
24. I am afraid of heights, the dark, and I am claustrophobic.
25. I have never smoked.
26. I don't drink. I tried it a couple times in high school to look cool for someone, but I hated it. Now that I'm old enough to, I just don't have the desire. Plus, for me personally, I feel like it would have the potential to discredit my witness.
27. I have 2 major scars, and I've never had a broken bone.
28. I love to sew, but I hate using a pattern. I'd rather mess it up and learn to do it my own way then take the time to do it right the first time.
29. Obviously I am not very patient.
30. I am also a procrastinator.
31. I have never been able to do a cartwheel.
32. I can't do a somersault either. I'm afraid I will break my neck. Its the same fear that keeps my from going to the chiropractor.
33. I have never been on a roller coaster. (See #24.)
34. I love the way cows smell. It reminds me of when I was a kid.( because we raised them.)
35. I think football is incredibly boring, probably only because I don't understand it.
36. I think it would be cool to be like the girl in King Arthur-what's her name? Shooting a bow and living in the woods.
37.My favorite teacher I ever had was Mrs. Hailey in first grade. She looked like a real life Barbie doll.
38.The only music I ever listen to anymore is Christian- mostly rock or alternative stuff. Occasionally rap.(see #4)
39. Fried rice is my favorite food.
40. I love my husband.
41. I hate writing thank- you cars. I'm always sincerely thankful, but it feels like it comes off as fake. Don't know why.
42. I never had a grandpa until I got married.
43. I love history- photos, old books, historical sites, etc.
44. I hate math.
45. I don't know how to drive a stick shift. I tried to learn once on a date, but I killed the car several times, and it wasn't even my date's. He never called me back.
46. Rahab is my favorite woman in the Bible.
47. My favorite verse is John 16:33- "In this world you will have trouble, but take heart, I have overcome the world."
48. I have four pairs of shoes- flip flops, dress shoes, tennis shoes, and snow boots.
49.Turtles are my favorite animals.
50. My favorite physical part of me is my nose. I like how it feels.

So there you have it. What would you like me to know about you?





No comments:

Post a Comment