Friday, January 22, 2010

I remember long, long ago not being able to wait for Friday night. It was the highlight of the entire week. I would get dressed up and go out with my friends and enjoy the freedom and excitement of youth. We would drive around for hours doing exactly nothing, just listening to music and talking. It was great.

But I have to admit, this is great too. We are watching Peter Pan tonight.

I hope you are having a great Friday night as well, whatever you are doing.

***

Here is an update on Jude, from Thursday:

Thursday, January 21, 2010 5:37 PM, CST
HEAVENLY FATHER HAS BEGUN TO ANSWER OUR PRAYERS!!!!!So we weren't supposed to find out any of the results from yesterday's CT scan or today's MRI but Dr. Lewing's nurse practioner, Jill, called me this evening because she just "had to" and here is why:The CT scan, which was checking for the cancer they found in his lungs, stomach, kidney, and pancreas, came back CANCER FREE except one small nodule in his lung!!!!!!!! AND...the MRI was to check the progress of the tumor in his head - they typically hope to see at least a 20% reduction. They saw a 75% REDUCTION!!!! Yes folks, you read it correct 7 - 5, as in seventy-five percent!!! And this is only with the first treatment that was a "whiff"!!!!We are stunned - but for a good way this time!!! Plainly put, Clint and I feel that this is nothing shy of a miracle! Thank you God!!!! As far as if this changes anything, we don't know. We will meet with Dr. Lewing in the morning and I will journal as soon as I can. We love you all and are very very grateful for all of your support, love, and prayers. But remember, we've won this battle, but the war is not over yet!Love,Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment